We are building the world's largest in-home care system.
Healthcare is rapidly moving into the home, creating an enormous market opportunity that’s growing daily as consumers increasingly demand more convenient healthcare options.
Technology is the engine that powers our foundation. It ensures we can reach massive scale and drives differentiation from any other healthcare company entering this space. We’re using data to ensure patient safety and tailor the care to patients’ specific needs which allows for better care delivery from patient onboarding, patient care, and post care follow-up.
DispatchHealth is a Series E startup with more than $700m in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re backed by Oak, Tiger Global, Alta Partners, Optum Ventures, Questa Capital, ad EchoHealth Ventures.
We’re a remote first org and our engineering team is spread out across the US, Mexico, and Ukraine. Our culture is focused on impact, accountability, and collaboration.
As a team, we share the goal of driving the company forward and transforming healthcare through the technology we build. We believe the only way we can accomplish our goal is together, and that our whole is greater than the sum of our parts. We collaborate closely across every function because we recognize that no individual function can solve the whole problem as well as we can when we all work together.
With our teammates spread out across different cities, we actively support each other and cultivate an environment where everyone is comfortable sharing ideas regardless of seniority or function, and where the best ideas consistently win. We know the positive feeling we get when we feel heard, and we reciprocate that deep engagement with others when they’re talking or presenting so that we gain alignment and promote our collective actions.
Come join us on the journey to transform healthcare!
This position works closely with DispatchHealth business units and technology departments to design and drive implementation of DispatchHealth’s all-up security programs. This role will lead our approach to securing corporate assets and data. This is a unique position within the industry in that you will be part of what is essentially a very large greenfield project in order to build a secure cloud architecture in exactly the way it should be built the first time. As such, you will have influence over a wide variety of tools and products that will shape the company’s infrastructure for years to come.
We are seeking a pragmatic candidate that will measure – and work to minimize – key security risks, whilst keeping in mind the business impact of changes made. The successful candidate will provide effective, high quality and timely subject matter expertise, designs and guidance on all aspects of DispatchHealth’s enterprise security. To succeed, they will need to collaborate and coordinate solutions across various implementation teams in security and IT.
This role is business-facing, coordinates with partner teams for successful execution, communicates upwards to senior executives on plans and status, and is hands-on in terms of delivery. The successful candidate must demonstrate an aptitude toward building lasting partnerships. They must also be equipped to talk with authority around a wide range of technical and procedural matters pertaining to Security and Risk Management. They must be able prepare discussions which IS leadership can cater to all audiences ranging from technical experts to director boards.
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of enterprise security offerings, including emerging technologies, and should have hands on experience in implementing and using technology and security platforms/solutions. This individual must have an expert level of knowledge in not only all major public cloud platforms, but also the various tools and security suites that create a cohesive infrastructure. This individual must be detail and process oriented, and must demonstrate strong problem-solving abilities.
What You'll Achieve:
- Serve as the senior cloud security architect at DispatchHealth and work closely with our business and IT partners to identify and implement key programs and solutions
- Establishing and maintaining trust relationships with partner teams through active engagement, clear accountability and expectations, and frequent communication
- Provide security thought leadership on core security questions facing the business employee protection and IAM, data protection, cloud protection, etc. - based on leading security practices and experience
- Shape business needs into solutions that enable and empower the business in a secure manner
- Architect and maintain a secure, multi-cloud infrastructure through proper design and layered secure philosophies
- Lead and assist in the evaluation, architecture, design, planning, implementation and support of security solutions
- Provide guidance and architecture review of proposed security and business functions or practices
- You will lead discussions in technical information solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and conversions
- You will effectively be an advocate, trusted advisor, and evangelist of security knowledge and education across our teams whilst enabling our approach on design, IAC, automation, and DevOps
- Produce written technical reports on enterprise security approach and solutions
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry. Mentor engineer teams and further our knowledge through learning whilst staying informed - and work on solutions for the latest threats, vulnerabilities, and new controls around security posture; improve security processes and keep up to date on the development of new attacks and threat vectors
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- A successful track record and at least 10 years of experience in technology and information security, with a strong focus on cloud security
- At least 5 years of experience being responsible for reviewing, recommending, implementing, and supporting security solutions
- Previous experience overseeing large greenfield initiatives in the cloud space
- Knowledge of best practices of vendor evaluations, product selection, aligning tactical feature sets to business strategy, and technical project process
- Demonstrated knowledge of recognized security industry standards and leading practices (eg. HITRUST, PCI, NIST, OWASP, CSF, MITRE, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of network technologies and platforms (eg TCP/IP routing protocols, application aware layer 7 firewalls – specifically Palo Alto Networks, VPNs, load balancing, network traffic analysis, etc.)
- Understand security best practices for services deployed using AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Sport expertise in multiple of the following domains: Cloud architecture, Identity and access management, DevSecOps, Cryptography, Containerization, Web frameworks, Threat hunting, and Defense in Depth
- You should have familiarity with modern authentication protocols and zero-trust components and capabilities
- Strong knowledge of IAC and automation technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, et al
- You should have dabbled in building, configuring Docker containers, and using any of the container management tools, such as Kubernetes
- Broad knowledge of 3rd party identity platforms and frameworks including Azure AD, IDM, Okta, SAL, OAuth, etc.
- Strong knowledge of directory, identity, authentication and access management
- Broad knowledge of operational and security technologies, solutions, and tools (eg encryption technologies, SIEM, ransomware, DLP, vulnerability scanners, vuln management, threat intelligence, CSPM, ERP/XRP, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of operational and security processes/controls (eg. Vulnerability management, patch management, configuration management, access management, etc.)
- Solid understanding of assessing and designing security controls in an enterprise-level environment
- Broad understanding of how to conduct risk assessments and the associated methodologies involved in risk mitigation and the presentation of this work
- Able to effectively and constructively interact with other teams to accomplish business goals often presented in abstract concepts using nebulous data
- Ability to effectively translate tactical solutions to strategic executive communications and vice versa
- Be exceptionally self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to enable and empower an operations/support team through knowledge sharing, providing needed tools, and assisting in establishing operational practices
- A strong work ethic and unshakable integrity
- Health insurance coverage
- Mental health benefits
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
- Career ladders and bi-annual performance review
Location: Remote, USA
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $170,000 - $200,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience.
DispatchHealth is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.
To see our Employee Privacy Notice, please see here: https://www.dispatchhealth.com/employee-privacy-notice/
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided