$110000 - $130000
ProCircular is about relationships and trust. We provide organizations with practical expertise and guidance to manage risk, improve security readiness, meet regulatory commitments, and continually address the latest cyber threats.
People are at the center of our philosophy, and quality is the cornerstone. We build trust by being approachable, realistic, and unbiased. Each client’s unique goals guide our work, and every project produces a tangible result and a clear roadmap. We’re passionate about cybersecurity, serious about quality, built around people.
Not only are we a cool company doing cool things, we really care about our employees and encourage an innovative and open environment offering nice and even some unique benefits for our team members to take advantage of.
This senior position will serve as a technical lead providing defense support, and incident response and investigation, including preparation, documentation, and coordination with other teammates and teams, assisting with eradication and recovery, and any necessary post-incident activities. Additionally, this person will be integral in the enablement, development, and execution of incident response processes/procedures and tools to facilitate a streamlined incident response process.
Applications must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability.
Essential Job Functions (include but are not limited to the following)
- Lead incident response engagements to scope work, perform forensic investigations, contain security incidents, provide guidance on remediation, and recommend techniques for hardening the client’s network.
- Conduct host forensics, network forensics, log analysis, and malware triage in support of incident response investigations to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
- Build and implement scripts, tools, and contribute to methodologies to enhance ProCircular’ s incident investigation processes.
- Prepare detailed and accurate reports, trainings, presentations, and blog posts for both technical and executive audiences.
- Develop, integrate, improve cyber security incident response “playbooks” and documentation for the team.
- Work with client security and IT operations teams to develop and implement remediation plans in response to incidents.
- Support the ProCircular SOC through working sessions and be a point of escalation for idea generation, threat hunting assistance, new content rule development, and reduction of false positives.
- Help mentor and train inexperience staff and develop new talent.
- Flexible on-call as needed to support incident response efforts.
- Live the values of ProCircular and follow the Company handbook.
- Additional responsibilities as found necessary.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire will not be considered for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an information security or incident response related field.
- Experience conducting incident response engagements utilizing established industry-standard computer forensic tools, protocols, processes, and chain of custody as required to collect and investigate cyber events, including onsite and remote imaging.
- Possess a strong knowledge of network protocols, network analysis tools and ability to review associated network logs.
- Strong investigation skillset, with experience in triage, web server, and email compromises
- Knowledge of security controls and incident response in a multi-platform environment including on-prem and cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, and O365).
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows and non-Windows system (Mac, Linux, etc.)
- Working knowledge of detection tools such as EDR, Network Analytics, UEBA, SIEM, and Intrusion Detection.
- Knowledge of cyber threats, attack tools, techniques and procedures, and containment and remediation strategies
- Proficiency in Regex and various scripting languages (i.e. Python, PowerShell, and Bash).
- Background using a variety of forensic analysis tools for incident response investigations to determine the extent and scope of compromise on all standard operating system environments.
- Capable of completing technical tasks without supervision.
- Desire to grow and expand both technical and soft skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead and work as part of a team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with FTK, SIFT, Encase, or X-Ways.
- Experience with SIEM technologies.
- Experience working and engaging with legal counsel during incident investigations.
- Strong understanding of secure network architecture and strong background in performing network and systems administration operations.
- Experience working with mobile devices.
- Ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis.
- Associates, BA, or BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent experience.
- Desired Certifications: GCIH, GCFA, GCIA, GCFE, GREM or equivalent.
The primary language of ProCircular is English. Excellent communication skills are required, defined as the ability to:
- Actively listen for total comprehension
- Ask questions that enhance the understanding of a certain topic
- Relay information and/or instruction in a descriptive and understandable fashion in both written and verbal format
Reasoning Ability Requirements:
High-functioning, reasoning abilities are necessary to meet deadlines, prioritize company and customer needs, and work in a high functioning collaborative team environment.
Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. may be necessary from time to time. Must be able to sit for long periods of time, view a computer monitor, and type frequently/constantly (up to 8 hours a day).
A valid driver’s license is required for occasional travel.
Exempt: This role is exempt, which means it is excluded from minimum wage, overtime regulations, and other rights and protections afforded nonexempt employees.
Our normal hours of operation are from Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Full-Time employees are defined legally as working at least 30 hours per week, however; full time positions at ProCircular require at least 40 hours. Occasionally, working over 40 hours in a given week may be necessary in order to meet the requirements of the position. As long as performance expectations are met, employees may flex his or her schedule, subject to preapproval of one’s direct supervisor.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
All teammates are evaluated at least annually on their performance based on the essential job functions in this job description, along with ProCircular’s Core Values:
It’s about people
- People define every part of our business. Growth potential is based on the abilities and personalities of the people involved. Technology solutions are a part of the equation, but it’s the people in an organization that define its true security. We work hardest when we’re supporting one another. We take care of each other; we take care of our families, and in doing so, we take better care of our customers.
Fear is the mind killer
- We don’t let fear define the need for our services, and we don’t present a problem without discussing realistic response or mitigation options. There’s more than enough to worry about in life and plenty of people telling us to be afraid. We’re solutions people, not fear mongers.
Strong opinions lightly held
- Opinions are important—they coalesce facts, reason, experience, and judgment into actionable points of view. We present our opinions with logic and reason rather than emotions, offering several alternatives to each challenge and the supporting data. The rejection of an idea is not a rejection of the individual or their merit. Everyone has a voice and a chance to speak, regardless of title, station, or seniority.
Quality over speed, speed over cost
- Every organization must consciously balance quality, speed, and cost. We will always put the quality of our work first. We make great efforts to move quickly, but never at the expense of quality. While we strive to keep our services affordable, we never choose an inexpensive alternative that will adversely impact quality or speed.
Cool heads, warm hearts
- We keep a cool head and help others do the same, especially in a crisis. We approach adversity with patience, logic, and understanding. Mistakes happen; we don’t hide, ignore, condemn, or fear them. Mistakes are opportunities to exemplify honesty, accountability, professionalism, tolerance, and grace. Instead of pointing a finger, we use humor, empathy, and fun when it matters most.
- We treat each other how we hope to be treated. We don’t yell; we aren’t condescending, and we always try to understand the other person’s perspective before reacting to it. We keep it light, and we listen. We extend this principle to our customers, and we understand that talking down to them is the easiest way to send them to a competitor.
Tomorrow just happened
- Life is what happens when we’re busy making other plans. We work hard today, but we’re always thinking about the future. We take extra time to make sure we’re learning and looking ahead. No matter what your discipline or area of expertise, you’re adding your capabilities to the long-term plan for the organization and its clients.