Looking for an experienced CSIRT engineer to contribute to the success of our organization. Primary responsibilities will be working as part of our team of incident responders, partnering with our global SOC, threat intelligence, insider threat, and fraud teams to respond to and remediate security threats.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Principal Security Engineer with demonstrated competence and visionary leadership experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Provides technical expertise in development and support of all activities, processes, and tools for protecting technology-based information. Leads enterprise-wide definition, establishment, and maintenance of data, security-related infrastructure, applications, and processes. Provides technical support to clients, management, security administrators, and network operations. Reviews, develops, tests, and implements security plans, products, and control techniques. Reviews circumstances surrounding data security incidents and designs corrective actions. Documents security policies and procedures. Provides implementation support for risk assessment and data security procedures and products. Evaluates new and proposed security systems and technologies.
This is a senior individual contributor for an experienced incident responder. Salary, bonus and long term incentives are commensurate with experience, but intentionally not listed here; the available dropdowns in posting this do not match what we project. The work location will be Cincinnati; remote work is not an option for this position, although occasional flexible arrangements can be made. Travel is not generally expected, unless attending an approved conference or business meetings at another location.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science, or equivalent work experience.
* Eight or more years of experience in information security.
* Relevant professional certifications or licenses, such as CISSP, CHFI, CEH preferred but not required.
* Minimum 2 years of forensic technology experience with industry standard tools.
* Minimum 2 years of experience with enterprise-class EDR tools.
* Experience with industry standard incident response processes, vulnerability exploitation, red/blue/purple team, threat hunting, etc.
* Understand exploits and be able to brief senior leadership on the impact.
* Relevant information security experience with network protocols, network devices, log analysis, security monitor, SIEM tools, etc.
* Proficient in verbal and written communications, developing presentations for technical, management, and leadership.
Subject Matter Expert in:
* Information security technologies, management, architecture, audits, administration
* Enterprise-scale IT environments
* Network and internet security
- * Maintain records of all investigation and threat intelligence activities and file them in the associated case records.
- * Use technical expertise to evaluate procedures and ensure they are optimized.
- * Review and track detected incidents to identify new exploits, threats, mitigation strategy and enforce incident reporting standards.