- Salary: $100000 - $140000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Bonus
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Travel 25
- Telework: Full Telecommute
As an Advisory Consultant, you will be a technical resource that leverages your knowledge, skills, and experience to help deliver results to clients in various sectors.
Underneath GuidePoint Security’s Digital Forensics & Incident Response Practice (DFIR) and GuidePoint Research & Intelligence Team (GRIT) umbrella the Advisory Practice performs the following:
- Purple Team Exercises (as Blue Team in collaboration with GuidePoint Red Team)
- Tabletop Exercises
- Playbook and Runbook Development
- Work alongside GuidePoint Incident Responders with reactive incidents and proactive threat discovery
Your primary responsibilities include development of challenging scenarios for GuidePoint clientele through Purple Team and Tabletop exercises, as well as helping clients navigate the creation of operational documentation for responding to incidents (Playbooks & Runbooks). This role will require an experienced individual that can view attacks from a holistic level, inclusive of both offensive and defensive mindsets, to create meaningful impacts for clients, while managing a consulting engagement.
GuidePoint Security’s DFIR service offerings are perpetually evolving in response to emerging threats and diverse client needs. Your creativity and expertise will assist the DFIR Practice with adapting to this rapidly changing environment. Primary duties will include:
- Planning, facilitation, documentation, development, and coordination of follow-up activities for the cyber exercise program including Purple Team engagements, Tabletop exercises, and Playbook & Runbook development.
- Review of client documentation including incident response plans, Playbooks, Runbooks, information security policies, network maps, architecture diagrams, etc.
- Coordinate exercise planning teams comprised of internal resources and GuidePoint clients with various technical, non-technical, and executive staff to plan and execute cybersecurity exercises.
- Work with internal teams to identify cyber risks, design threat scenarios, identify key stakeholders and participants, as well as execute the exercise against the planned scenarios and objectives.
- Assess observations and findings during exercises, communicate findings to stakeholders, and escalate high risk findings to appropriate personnel for risk remediation efforts.
- Assist in the development of programmatic documents, briefings, and reports tailored to a specific audience.
Education and Experience
- Four (4+) years of experience in an Information Security Role
- Experience with creating and facilitating Tabletop exercises
- Strong written documentation experience
- Experience with common documentation tools including Microsoft Office, Confluence, and Diagraming Tools (Visio, LucidChart, etc.)
- The ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly
- Ability to manage projects, milestones, and deliverables for business-related objectives
- Prior experience in a Consulting Services role
- Experience with Digital Forensics & Incident Response (DFIR) methodology and process
- Experience with Immersive Labs
- Experience with a variety of industry-related solutions including EDR, SIEM, NDR, FW, NGAV, Velociraptor, OSQuery, and others
- Experience with common programming languages including PowerShell, Python, BASH, Go, or others