- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Optional Telecommute
At GCI, we’re delivering communication and technology services to some of the most remote communities and in some of the most challenging conditions in North America.
Given the rising trend of security threats, the Security Operations Center (SOC) team’s number one priority is to provide continuous security monitoring and response to security incidents and attacks that threaten GCI and our customers. As the leader of the SOC, you will be championing fellow enthusiastic cyber-security Trailblazers with a can-do spirit who rise to these challenges on a daily basis.
As a GCI Senior Manager of Security Operations, you will:
- Use your leadership skills, experience, and constant development to help lead in the defense and improve security at GCI to protect our company
- Combine your knowledge and experience leading investigations of cyber-attacks for all phases of the incident response life cycle.
- Collaborate with internal customers, outside teams, lines of businesses, managers, and executives to ensure that investigations proceed and reported upon appropriately.
- Be responsible for the design and development to secure GCI services.
Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in information security, information technology infrastructure, programming development, support, operations, systems, security, administration, access control, cryptography, architecture, analysis, disaster recovery, investigations, compliance, or technical legal areas (such as those involved in law enforcement, prosecution, defense, or forensics) or related field to include:
- Five (5) years’ experience involving Information Security incident response duties.
- Four (4) years’ experience in a Leadership/management role.
- Preferred experience in operating as the incident commander for incident response.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, technology, security, or related field required. Or in addition to minimum experience a combination of relevant and/or education sufficient to perform the duties of the job may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis. Masters or PhD in relevant filed can contribute toward professional experience on a year for year basis.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.