Infrastructure Operations Engineer
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Join us as a Infrastructure Operations Engineer on our Vulnerability Scanning, Tools, and Automation team in Malaysia to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
The Infrastructure Operations Engineer will have experience, deploying, implementing, supporting & managing a wide variety of security tools and supporting infrastructure. The infrastructure operations engineer should be able to demonstrate an advanced level of understanding of vulnerability scanning tools configuration, implementations and modern DevOps practices.
- Support and Maintain Security tools and applications by meeting or exceeding standards and service levels while minimizing operational risk.
- Support of a complex and comprehensive security applications and systems.
- Reviews, participates, and implements procedures and support documentation.
- Effectively handle incident management for outages.
- Follow change management procedures while ensuring proper testing, sign-off and monitoring of applications.
- Follow change management procedures, ensure proper testing, deployment and monitoring requirements are followed.
- Coordinate application and infrastructure support of the operations team in different regions to ensure support coverage for a global cyber security program.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- General understanding of IT and Cybersecurity technologies and concepts peripheral to network security
- Industry experience with deploying, and maintaining security tools, including Rapid7 Nexpose, Tenable, Twistlock, AppScan, etc.
- System administration and command-line experience on Windows/Linux platforms; comfortable with Bash, and Python languages
- Familiarity with DevOps - Implement and support Software deployments and ongoing software support
- Experiencing with infrastructure monitoring applications such as SolarWinds, Nagios, Splunk, etc.
- Ability to collaborate across organizations and geographies; builds relationships and values diverse perspectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related field with 2+ years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education/professional experience in a similar role
- Candidates must be able to work independently and demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate as the technical lead in virtual teams
- Ability to work comfortably and successfully in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes in priorities and ability to influence others or manage indirectly
- Verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative / team player, self-driven independent and customer oriented
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R105614