Cloudburst is a seed-funded New York-based remote-first company helping customers with detection, prevention, and investigation into cryptocurrency market manipulation and fraud.
Cloudburst provides regulators, financial institutions, trading platforms, and others with access to a real-time, machine-readable crypto market monitoring tool, enabling advanced levels of diligence and customer/market protection. The Cloudburst team has multiple years of experience working together, plus it has worked directly with international law enforcement agencies and policymakers on cybercrime, terrorism, and high-level financial fraud.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal software engineer candidate
- is an empathetic teammate who loves to help others, to bring order to chaos, and to document their path for others to follow
- enjoys working in an early-stage environment with many different tasks and systems to manage and own
- plans to be a pillar of the department for multiple years
- has high moral and ethical standards
- Is proficient in production-level Python
- focuses primarily on back-end systems, datastores, and pipelines
- has experience collecting data via web scraping, APIs, other protocols
- has worked in a threat intel or security environment
- is interested in developing tools to prevent cryptocurrency fraud
What You Will Do
As one of the company's first hires, you will help the Engineering Department to create early infrastructure and frameworks to allow for scalable additions of modules to support data science, data collection, and a customer-facing API.
You are expected at a senior+ level to be able to create large components of the stack compatible with other existing systems and then build up teams to take them over and maintain them, either as an Individual Contributor (IC) or as a manager.
We don’t expect you to know everything coming in, but you will be onboarded and trained into how to use APIs for different communications platforms, how to look at crypto transaction data, and where to look in the deep and dark web as well as through OSINT for potentially useful data.
At Cloudburst we want to minimize our software engineers working on pixel-pushing and to maximize time spent understanding our domain and building products to help our customers investigate and prevent fraud.
We care about developing and sponsoring our engineers internally. The department adheres to these principles:
- Rapid deployment of innovative new techniques for signal generation and attribution
- KISS architecture that doesn’t get in developers’ or R&D’s way; we want code to be easy to understand, less abstract, easy to test, fast to deploy, and reducible to automation or simple manual processes
- Building a diverse, unconventional team that cross-trains and grows together without ego or sacrifice to work-life balance
What You Will Be Using
- Infrastructure as code applied to cloud providers
- Different datastores (relational, columnar, key-value, graph, etc.)
- Version-controlled SQL and ETL tools
- Data science flows and MLOps
- Salary: $135000 - $190000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: Full Telecommute